ExperiencePlus! offers fully-supported, guided bicycling tours in South America with the help of long-standing local partners who have been collaborating with us since 2006. Tour Leaders are ExperiencePlus!-trained and you can’t get more “local” than this team! You can expect a high quality experience, and an opportunity to gain cultural and historic insights as you pedal through extraordinarily beautiful landscapes. If you are looking for something original, and perhaps a little more adventurous then join us to bicycle South America.
Consider the following as you ponder if South America is the destination for you.
- Accommodations are wonderful and a few border on luxurious. However there may be an instance when hot water or water pressure is lacking. In a few remote locations hotels can be simple offering basic amenities.
- Because of import restrictions bikes and bike equipment are hard to come by. For example, instead of replacing a punctured tube you patch it. Maintenance is key to extending a bike’s life so the fleet is well-taken care of and treated like the precious commodity it is. In 2020 we debuted a new fleet of road bikes we are excited to share with our travelers.
- Due to traffic and road conditions and distances between hotels, expect some shuttling by van.
- Snacks and energy bars are often homemade and Mate tea is the energy drink of choice. If you don’t want to go without electrolyte drinks or protein bars, we suggest you bring some from home.
- Due to the remote nature of the rides, picnic lunches – think empanadas, salads, local cheeses, sweet cakes – are often included.
- Daily informational handouts will contain general highlights and information.
- As a standard, we will use our chalk dust arrows for navigation. You can always rely on on our arrows as well as your team of tour leaders.