EXPERIENCEPLUS! BICYCLE TOURS TERMS & CONDITIONS
(Terms and Conditions for our TourzPlus partners vary by operator. Contact us for specific information regarding payments, cancellations, and transfer policies.)
Please retain the following for your records.
Reservations & Payment Schedule:
- On booking, a deposit of $500 (ExpeditionPlus! category bicycle tours require a $1000 deposit) per person reserves space on a tour.
- 90 days before commencement of the tour full payment is due.
- For Bike and Boat tours, full payment will be taken 120 days before tour start date and cancellation conditions differ - see below. (Late bookings will be taken if space is available.)
The tour price is based on double occupancy and includes the services specified in the itineraries plus optional activities listed. Prices do not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itineraries, passports or other travel documents, air or other transportation to and from tour start and ending points (unless otherwise stated in tour itinerary), vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications.
Reservations & Payments for Extension and Sampler Packages: Full payment is due upon booking. Tour price is based upon double occupancy and includes only the services specified in the itinerary. No transfers or refunds are possible.
Cancellations by You & Refunds: We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, including trip cancellation/interruption insurance. All cancellations must be received in writing or via confirmed email. A minimum $150 handling fee per participant will be retained for all cancellations.
If you cancel your reservation, we will incur costs and expenses the exact amount of which would be difficult or impractical to determine. Therefore, we will retain all or a portion of your deposit as liquidated damages and not as a penalty which you agree is fair and reasonable. The following tables explain cancellation fees for tours operated by ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours. Please note there are different fees for Bike and Barge tours, as listed in the separate table.
|Days before departure||Cancellation fee per participant||
Amount that can be placed on account for future departure (if applicable).
|91 or more||$150||$450|
|90 - 61||Deposit||not applicable|
|60-31||50% of tour price*||60% of tour price*|
|30 - 0||100% of the tour price*||30% of the tour price*|
Bike and Boat Cancellation Fees Per Participant
|Days before departure||Cancellation fee per participant||Amount that can be placed on account for future departure (if applicable).|
Details described below for Money on Account (MOA) ** option.
|120 or more||$500||$450|
|119-91||25% of tour price*||not applicable|
|90-61||50% of tour price*||60% of tour price*|
|60-0||100% of the tour price*||30% of the tour price*|
*Tour price is defined as the listed tour price including any fees and discounts applied to your tour invoice.
- Refunds can take 1-3 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received.
- Refunds will be made to the individual making the original payment(s) (payor) and will be made by the same method of payment.
- No refunds are possible after the tour begins; no refunds are issued for an unexpected late arrival or early departure.
- Refunds are for tour price only and do not include transportation, hotel or other personal expenses incurred on the part of tour participants.
** Money on Account Option (MOA) terms:
- Instead of cancelling a reservation in full, funds can be placed as “Money on Account”.
- This Money On Account Option excludes our TourzPlus program and ExpeditionPlus! offerings.
- Any funds placed as Money on Account must be used for travel happening before December 31 of the following tour year.
- If you find you are unable to travel with us within the allowed deadline, contact us in advance of the forfeit deadline and the standard Cancellation Fee and refund guidelines will be applied to your cancellation.
- Any money left on account beyond this deadline will be automatically forfeited.
- Amounts listed above include all handling fees.
- If a request to keep Money On Account is made by a traveler that did not make the original deposit, then the traveler is required to make a deposit of their own funds before we proceed with the Money on Account Option. The original funds will be refunded to the original payor.
- All requests for the Money on Account option must be received in writing or via confirmed email.
Cancellations or Changes by Us: We reserve the right to cancel a tour prior to departure for any reason, in which case a full refund which constitutes full settlement will be made if cancellation occurs 45 days or more prior to the scheduled departure date of the tour. In the rare event that ExperiencePlus! is forced to cancel a tour within 45 days of the tour start due to, but not limited to, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, war or force majeur including the failure of third parties, such as suppliers and subcontractors, to perform their obligations due to the above reasons, in such a case, ExperiencePlus! will place 100% of customer funds towards a future tour reservation to be used within two years of the cancellation date. If ExperiencePlus! is unable to offer a replacement itinerary that we deem similar to the cancelled trip within that two-year time period, then a full refund which constitutes full settlement will be made. Prices of tours may change in that time period – travelers will be required to pay the difference between what is on account and the new tour price.
Prices for overseas tours are based on international exchange rates and prices for tours are subject to adjustment without prior notification in the event those rates should change dramatically.
Travel Insurance: The tour price does not include travel insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance, covering trip interruption and cancellation, baggage, medical, accident/life, evacuation, repatriation and other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to you. Information on our preferred provider is included in your booking confirmation materials. If you decide not to use our preferred provider we assume you are securing protection through another insurance company of your choosing.
Responsibility: ExperiencePlus! is the principal tour operator for these tours and is responsible to the participants for all arrangements and for all tour services and accommodations offered. ExperiencePlus!, its members, managers, agents, and employees (collectively "ExperiencePlus!") will not be responsible for personal injury, death or property damage, economic loss or delay, or change of itinerary suffered by any person or tour participant arising out of the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of any direct or supplemental carrier, hotel, restaurant or other person rendering any services or accommodations for any tour; nor will ExperiencePlus! be responsible for any injuries, death, damage, loss or delay in any means of transportation or by reason or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of ExperiencePlus!. Bicycles provided for use during any tour are in satisfactory operating condition and participants agree to use them at their own risk or call deficiencies to the immediate attention of the head tour leader. ExperiencePlus! will not be responsible for product defects in any bicycles. The tour operator reserves the right to substitute hotels, restaurants, routes or other services listed in the itinerary with comparable services if necessary. Instruction in the use of bicycles will not be provided and participants affirm that they are familiar with the use of a multi-speed bicycle or electric assist bicycle. Bicycle tour participants are required to wear a cycling helmet while cycling.
The right is also reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a trip due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of ExperiencePlus!. Activities involved in active travel and the tours described in our brochures and on our web site are physically demanding, strenuous and potentially dangerous. At the discretion of ExperiencePlus!, participants failing to meet the physical and mental requirements, or participants deemed harmful or disruptive to other participants' enjoyment of the tour, may be asked to leave the tour, with no refund applicable by their tour leaders or by the office staff.
- I have (or will have at the time of travel) a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel and will be responsible for obtaining these items.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to my tour start date. This includes dietary needs, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that ExperiencePlus! will make a reasonable effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will read pre-trip materials about culture-specific etiquette, clothing, and medical requirements.
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health, including consideration that I may be on roads that are different in terms of traffic and style compared to what I’m used to cycling.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I understand the ExperiencePlus! philosophy is to use chalk arrows as a navigation tool to better allow for travelers to take advantage of the freedom that bicycle travel provides. Though tours are fully supported, I will not always be with a tour leader, and I am comfortable with cycling alone and following arrows even on roads that are not familiar to me.
- In rare cases, secondary roads may not be well maintained. I will pay attention to road conditions and watch for other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists.
- I will pay attention at the daily briefings and will heed tour leaders’ cautions and advice.
- I understand access to medical facilities and evacuation services may not be in the immediate vicinity.
- I understand that even though ExperiencePlus! tours are planned in the best cycling season, the weather is variable, may change quickly and may become hazardous and so Tour Leaders may have to change plans from the original itinerary.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding.
- If I choose to drink alcohol, I will do so responsibly.
- I will respect the laws, customs, environmental guidelines and regulations of countries visited while on the trip, including not using headphones while cycling.
- I will not bring marijuana with me on the trip even if it may be legal in my place of residence.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel with a group invariably involves compromises to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of group members. ExperiencePlus! tour leaders may be required to improvise and to use their reasonable discretion in making decisions. These decisions may not always please everyone.
- I understand that ExperiencePlus! reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow group members. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the tour leader feels that the person's continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- ExperiencePlus! is 100% committed to providing a harassment-free and respectful environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or other group identity or presumed affiliation to a social group. All staff members and group travelers are entitled to a safe and healthy environment. ExperiencePlus! will not tolerate disrespectful behavior, harassment or illegal acts in any form amongst travelers or between travelers and tour leaders and will consider any such act as a violation of our terms of service.
Photographs: By reserving space on tour, you agree that ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours may use, re-use and reproduce any images, photos or videos that you send to us, or that are taken by our guides and/or other travelers of you individually or in a group, in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or Internet, free of charge and without your right to inspection, for promoting and publicizing our travel products and services worldwide. If you do not want us to use any images of you that are taken by us or other participants during the tour, you must inform us or your tour leader in writing at the start of the tour.
Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions and any claim, controversy, dispute or cause of action (whether in contract or tort or otherwise) based upon, arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and the tour hereby reserved shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the state of Colorado.
Submission to Jurisdiction - By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that any action, litigation or proceeding of any kind or description, whether in law or equity, whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, shall be brought in the courts of the state of Colorado sitting in Larimer County or the United States District Court of the District of Colorado sitting in the City of Denver and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Waiver of Venue - By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection you may now or hereafter have to venue of any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved in the Courts of the State of Colorado sitting in Larimer County or the United States District Court of the District of Colorado sitting in the City of Denver.
Waiver of Right to Trial by Jury - By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any right you may have to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved.
WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM, I ACCEPT THE FORGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ON THE WEBSITE “TOUR PLANNING AND INFORMATION” PAGE. I UNDERSTAND THE TOUR LEVEL RATING STRUCTURE FOR TOUR LEVELS FROM 1 TO 5. EXPERIENCEPLUS! HAS ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS I HAVE ASKED CONCERNING THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED.
I CONFIRM THAT: (A) I AM IN GOOD PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITION; (B) I HAVE THE REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED; AND (C) I AM NOT SUFFERING FROM ANY CONDITION, IMPAIRMENT, DISEASE, INFIRMITY OR OTHER ILLNESS, INJURY OR MENTAL DISORDER THAT WOULD ADVERSELY AFFECT OR IN ANY WAY LIMIT MY ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED.
I HAVE VOLUNTARILY APPLIED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED WITH THE FULL UNDERSTANDING THAT BICYCLING AND OTHER TOUR ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS THAT MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, ILLNESS, INJURY, EMOTIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, PARALYSIS AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS INVOLVED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED. I ASSUME THE RISK THAT I MAY SUFFER PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURY, ILLNESS, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH AS A RESULT OF RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN MEDICAL AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE, AND FOR ENSURING THAT IT IS EFFECTIVE OVERSEAS. I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MEDICAL CARE PROVIDED TO ME AND I WILL PAY ALL COSTS OF MEDICAL CARE AND RELATED TRANSPORTATION THAT ARE PROVIDED TO ME DURING THE TOUR. IF I BECOME ILL OR AM INJURED AND AM UNABLE TO GIVE INFORMED CONSENT TO A PROPOSED MEDICAL TREATMENT THAT MAY BE DEEMED NECESSARY, I APPOINT MY TOUR LEADER AS MY AGENT WITH THE POWER TO AUTHORIZE ALL MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND HOSPITAL CARE FOR ME AND THE POWER TO EXECUTE ALL DOCUMENTS AND RELEASES NECESSARY TO OBTAIN SUCH CARE.
FOR MYSELF AND MY HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ASSIGNS, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE EXPERIENCEPLUS! BICYCLE TOURS, ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (“RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS, DAMAGE OR CLAIM ON ACCOUNT OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, EMOTIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, PARALYSIS OR DEATH, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF A RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE, WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE TOUR.
I AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES AGAINST ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM OF ANY OF PERSON ARISING OUT OF MY ACTIONS AND THOSE OF ANY MINOR ACCOMPANYING ME.
Updating Terms and Conditions: ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to be familiar with these terms and conditions. The latest terms and conditions can be found on the ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours website www.experienceplus.com. The foregoing Terms and Conditions were last updated August 21, 2018.
Questions? Call us at 800-685-4565, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm MST or send us an email at email@example.com.