Sicilian-Style Pizza with Focaccia
This is the most basic way to make a Sicilian-style pizza, but we recommend adding any sort of toppings you find tasty. Also, this recipe is even better when served with salad or fresh vegetables!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 Round (8-10 inch diameter) pieces of focaccia bread
- 1 cup of tomato pizza sauce (We recommend garlic or onion flavored)
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil or oregano
- 3/4 lb. canned artichoke hearts (Make sure to drain, rinse, and chop)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded provolone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped (chop more depending on your taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Put the bread on a cookie sheet with aluminum foil over it
- Mix the chopped garlic with the olive oil and brush over the focaccia bread.
- Mix the pizza sauce and the oregano or basil together and then spread evenly over the focaccia.
- Add 3/4 of the cheese
- Add the chopped artichokes
- Add the rest of the cheese
- Bake the pizzas for 10-15 minutes until cheese well melted
- Take out of oven and top with spices for visual appeal