Why travel insurance?
As our travelers well know, we here at ExperiencePlus! are devoted to providing you with one of the best travel experiences possible. That’s why we recommend you purchase a travel protection plan that helps protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected.
Recommended plans by Travelex
For US-based travelers, ExperiencePlus! recommends Travelex Insurance Services with a choice of the following plans:
- Comprehensive plans including cancellation coverage: Travel Select or Travel Basic
- Post-departure coverage for travelers unconcerned with potential cancellations, while meeting essential travel needs: TravelMed
Tips for purchasing your Travelex plan – also useful if you compare with other plans!
- Timing: To be eligible for bonus coverages, the protection plan must be purchased within 15 days from the time you make your initial trip deposit. Check policies to see bonus coverage options.
- Tour not confirmed: Even if your tour is not confirmed to run, go ahead and purchase your Travelex plan. You can transfer your plan to a different tour as long as no claims have been made against it.
- Late purchase: If you’re running late and would like to purchase a Travel Select or Travel Basic policy closer to the start of your travel, be sure to be aware of the purchase requirement timelines as explained here: https://www.travelexinsurance.com/purchase-requirements
- Sickness coverage: Travelex Insurance provides coverage should you or a family member get sick with Covid or any other illness before or during your trip. Learn more.
- While traveling: Bring your health and travel insurance policy numbers and company phone numbers with you when you travel! Be aware that toll free numbers do not work internationally so bring the regular published numbers.
- More tips: You might find our tips on travel insurance basics helpful.
Obtain a quote
To get an instant quote online, compare plan coverages and purchase your policy, click the button.
- After submitting your quote information, you will be directed to a new page.
- To toggle between the available plans, click on “Plan Options” on the left-hand side. You will find the Basic and Select quotes under the link “Comprehensive”, and TravelMed under the link “Post-Departure”.
You can also call Travelex at 1-800-228-9792 and reference location 06-0324. Best times to call are at 8 AM CST and after 2 PM CST.
Back to main menu
The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries and may be changed without notice. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance policy. To view/download the Policy, which provides the full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, go to www.travelexinsurance.com. Travel Insurance is offered on behalf of and under the direction of Travelex Insurance Services except for residents of Hawaii, New York and Washington. Residents of those states should contact Travelex at 800-228-9792 for more information. Travelex Insurance Services, Inc. CA Agency License #0D10209. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company; NAIC #22276. V94