Before you Leave
- Tour planning packet with information on what to bring, what to leave home, and what you might like to read before your trip.
- Bicycle Tour Training program designed specifically for your tour rating by renowned cycling coach, Joe Friel.
- Traveler Services - help with flights, trains and booking extra nights at your starting and ending tour hotels.
- Travel tips and stories for regions we love from all of us at ExperiencePlus!. We are happy to share our secret and not so secret tips.
- A complimentary gift of your choice
On your bicycle tour
- Superb tour leaders who are great fun and also bilingual, bicultural experts, and avid cyclists. They’re experienced to help you navigate confidently on and off the road.
- Comfortable lodging in 3-4 star hotels located in or near the town square with easy access to your favorite café (bar, gelato, espresso) of the day, always with a private bath.
- All breakfasts & at least half of your dinners each featuring multi-courses, fresh, seasonal specialties and wine or beer (depending on the country we are in). See specific tour information for details.
- On many tours we also have 1 or 2 lunches – see specific tour itineraries for details.
- Use of a high quality 27-30 speed bike – aTitanium road bike, hybrid, or an aluminum tandem (aluminum road bikes or hybrid bikes in South America, Scotland and Ireland) geared specifically to cruise the flats and help ease you over the mountain. Our bikes come with a computer so you can track your miles. They also have an expandable rear rack pack to carry your stuff, a water bottle that’s yours to keep, and rear lights (only available on European tours).
- Full van support to carry luggage - and tired cyclists, too!
- Special events like wine tastings, cultural visits and chocolatiers as described in the trip itinerary.
- All tips and gratuities at tour hotels and group meals.
- Unique routes, marked with our famous chalk dust arrows that ensure you won’t get lost. They also give you the freedom to travel at your own pace.
- Daily mileage options – for those folks who just can't get enough cycling, we’ll suggest optional routes off our marked course.
- Detailed route map, and arrows that will lead you to hidden wonders on your bicycle ride.
- Free use of our traveling resource library while you’re on tour, so you can leave your guide books at home.
- All the fun (and more) that you expect from your vacation.
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the bicycling tour including airfare, or train travel
- Helmets - we ask that you bring your own to ensure the best fit
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Tour Leader gratuity
After your bicycle tour
Deeply discounted tours with our “Re-Cycle Program.” Your fifth tour with us will be discounted by 50% of the average price of your previous four tours; your tenth tour will be discounted by 100% of the average price of your previous nine tours! (Please Note: ExpeditionPlus! tours do not earn Re-Cycle credits).
Lifelong memories and friends from the people you met on tour and your travels.