When you book a tour with ExperiencePlus! rest assured that every detail is taken care of from start to finish. Our goal is to make sure your only "job" each day is to hop on your bike and explore scenic cycling routes in new destinations. We believe that the only thing you should spend your time pondering each day is which recommended stop you prefer for your mid-morning coffee, and lunch, and how much memory your phone/camera has left for photos. You can breathe easy knowing that your tour leaders are taking care of the rest.
Here is a glimpse of what's included on your ExperiencePlus! bicycle tour.
Before You Leave
- Traveler Services - Assistance with arrvival and departure, booking extra nights at your starting and ending tour hotels.
- Bicycle Tour Training programs designed specifically for your tour and fitness level.
- Tour Planning tips on what to pack, reading and movie lists, hotel recommendations and many other helpful tips.
- A complimentary gift of your choice
On Your Bicycle Tour
- Superb tour leaders who are great fun and multilingual, bicultural experts, and avid cyclists. They're experienced to help you navigate confidently on and off the road.
- Comfortable lodging, always with a private bath. Whenever possible we stay locally owned hotels in or near the town square so you will have with easy access to your favorite café.
- All breakfasts & at least half of your dinners, each featuring multi-courses, fresh, seasonal specialties and wine or beer for dinners. See specific tour itineraries for details.
- On many tours we also have 1 or 2 lunches – see specific tour itineraries for details.
- Use of a high quality Titanium road bike, hybrid, or an aluminum tandem (aluminum road bikes or hybrid bikes in South America) geared specifically to cruise the flats and help ease you over the mountain. Our bikes come with an odometer so you can track your miles, an expandable rear rack pack to carry your stuff, and one water bottle that is yours to keep. See full details here.
- Full van support including: luggage shuttle, water and snack resupply, mechanical assistance, and rides for tired cyclists!
- Special events such as wine tastings or cultural visits as described in the trip itinerary.
- All tips and gratuities at tour hotels and group meals.
- Unique and scenic routes, marked with our signature chalk dust arrows that ensure that you won't get lost and have the freedom to travel at your own pace.
- Daily mileage options – for those folks who just can't get enough cycling, we'll suggest optional routes off our marked course.
- Detailed route map, and informational sheets each day that tell you more about the area where you will be riding.
- All the fun (and more) that you expect from your vacation.
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the bicycling tour including airfare, or train travel.
- Helmets - we ask that you bring your own to ensure the safest fit.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Tour Leader gratuity (with the exception of Expeditions).
After Your Bicycle Tour
Deeply discounted tours with our Re-Cycle Program. Your fifth tour with us will be discounted by 50% of the average price of your previous four tours; your tenth tour will be discounted by 100% of the average price of your previous nine tours!