When you book a tour with ExperiencePlus! rest assured that every detail is taken care of from start to finish. Our goal is to make sure your only "job" each day is to hop on your bike and explore scenic cycling routes in new destinations. We believe that the only thing you should spend your time pondering each day is which recommended stop you prefer for your mid-morning coffee, and lunch, and how much memory your phone/camera has left for photos. You can breathe easy knowing that your tour leaders are taking care of the rest.
Here is a glimpse of what's included on your ExperiencePlus! bicycle tour.
Before You Leave
- Traveler Services - help with flights, trains and booking extra nights at your starting and ending tour hotels so you can get to your tour with no worries.
- Tour planning travel page by country with information on what to bring, what to leave home, and what you might like to read before your trip.
- Bicycle Tour Training program designed specifically for your tour rating by renowned cycling coach, Joe Friel.
- A complimentary gift of your choice
On Your Bicycle Tour
- Superb tour leaders who are great fun and multilingual, bicultural experts, and avid cyclists. They're experienced to help you navigate confidently on and off the road.
- Comfortable lodging in 3-4 star hotels located in or near the town square with easy access to your favorite café (bar, beer, espresso) of the day, always with a private bath.
- All breakfasts & at least half of your dinners each featuring multi-courses, fresh, seasonal specialties
- Wine or beer with included dinners.
- On many tours we also have 1 or 2 lunches – see specific tour itineraries for details.
- Use of a high quality 27-30 speed bike: Titanium road bike, hybrid, or an aluminum tandem (aluminum road bikes or hybrid bikes in South America, fitness bikes in Cuba) geared specifically to cruise the flats and help ease you over the mountain. Our bikes come with an odometer so you can track your miles. They also have an expandable rear rack pack to carry your stuff, a water bottle that's yours to keep, and rear lights (only available on European tours).
- Full van support to carry luggage - and tired cyclists, too!
- Special events like wine tastings, and cultural visits as described in the trip itinerary.
- All tips and gratuities at tour hotels and group meals.
- Unique and scenic routes, marked with our famous chalk arrows that insure that you have the freedom to travel at your own pace.
- Daily mileage options – for those folks who just can't get enough cycling, we'll suggest optional routes off our marked course.
- Detailed route map, and informational sheets each day that tell you more about the area where you will be riding.
- Free use of our traveling resource library while you're on tour, so you can leave your guide books at home.
- All the fun (and more) that you expect from your vacation.
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the bicycling tour including airfare, or train travel
- Helmets - we ask that you bring your own to ensure the safest fit
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Tour Leader gratuity