Bicycling Brittany and Normandy Plus! Bayeux and the D-Day BeachesFrance's northwest coast with its rocky cliffs and sandy beaches is widely known for its pivotal role in WWII, but the region's strong cultural identity and historic significance dates back to ancient Celtic roots. Just a couple hundred miles south of English Westcountry, Brittany and Normandy are geographically similar, though warmer, sunnier and less populated, compared with coastal England, and share a history of war, commerce, migration and cultural exchange that predates the Roman Empire. This trip is perfect for anyone who wants to...
- cross a drawbridge and emerge from a dungeon,
- imbibe local calvados, chouchenn and pommeau,
- traverse a causeway to the world's most famous tidal island fortress,
- watch a giant church bell made by "deaf" artisans, or
- touch history at Normandy's beaches.
Tour Dates & Prices
* We are happy to match solo travelers who would like to share a room with someone of the same gender. If no match exists, due to hotel pricing, we will charge 50% of the private room charge. This charge will be collected at the time of the final payment. If a roommate assignment is available it will be refunded at the conclusion of the tour.
** For information about what your tour status means please see our FAQ page.