GPS Tracks For Your ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours
On ExperiencePlus! tours you’ll always be able to count on our trusty chalk arrows to navigate and discover local secrets.
For you tech-loving riders out there we offer the opportunity to view and access the GPS tracks* of the tour using RideWithGPS.com.
Consider the following if you want to access the GPS-tracks for your tour:
- An account is required – We will send the tracks via an event link with RideWithGPS.com and you will be required to create an account with this website if you want to view them and then download them for offline use on your smart phone app or download them to a GPS device.
- Tracks belong to ExperiencePlus! – We ask you keep these tracks for your personal use and not distribute them beyond your device.
- Arrows take precedence over tracks – The tracks are the intended route but it can change at your tour leader’s discretion. You never know when construction will pop up!
- Know your device and smart phone – Please be comfortable with your technology as our tour leaders are not experts in GPS technology or how your device or smart phone functions and may not be able to assist you on tour.
We recommend doing this before you leave for your tour:
- Included in your final email (about 30 days prior to your departure), we will send you a link that takes you to an “event” that is on the website RideWithGPS.com.
- “RSVP” to your trip by clicking the link emailed to you (or copying and pasting into your browser).
- Login or create a RideWithGPS.com account if you don’t have one.
- After you login/register you will automatically be added to our “event” (i.e. our tour) as a participant and you will have access to the daily routes on the event page.
- From here, you can access and download each day’s route onto your device or use the RWGPS Smart Phone App. If you view them on the Smart Phone app you can also download them for “offline use” so you don’t have to use data or cellular service abroad on tour.
- Please wait until 2 weeks (14 days) before your departure to download the routes to your device or to your smart phone. We are sometimes updating them even just a few weeks before if we know of any changes to road conditions.
Download to your device:
- Click on your route in the event and then select “Go To Route”
- From the day’s route, you will be able to export from the upper right hand menu in the screen.
Using the RideWithGPS smartphone App:
If you are using the RideWithGPS smartphone app, as a participant in this “event” all the routes for this tour will appear in your menu point “my events”. You can then save the routes to see them even when you are offline. Learn more about this option here: http://ridewithgps.com/help/offline-maps-iphone
Ride With GPS offers help and easy to follow video instructions at: https://ridewithgps.com/help/tour-participants. Remember, you do not need to worry about cue sheets as you will have the trusty arrows to lead the way!
*Tracks are currently not available for tours in South America.