GPS Tracks For Your ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours
On ExperiencePlus! tours you’ll always be able to count on our trusty chalk arrows to navigate and discover local secrets.
For you tech-loving riders out there we offer the opportunity to download GPS tracks* of the tour route to your personal GPS device using RideWithGPS.com. Tracks are available upon request approximately three to four weeks prior to your departure.
Consider the following before deciding to request GPS-tracks for your tour:
- An account is required – We will send the tracks via RideWithGPS.com and you will be required to create an account with this website if you want to download them.
- Tracks are the property of ExperiencePlus! – We ask you keep these tracks for your personal use and not distribute them beyond your device.
- Arrows take precedence over tracks – The tracks are the intended route but it can change at your tour leader’s discretion. You never know when construction will pop up!
- Know your device – Please be comfortable with your technology as our tour leaders are not experts in GPS technology or how your device functions and may not be able to assist you on tour.
This is how it works – we recommend doing this before you leave for your tour:
- Once we send you your final email (about 30 days prior to your departure), you’ll be notified GPS tracks are available for your tour – reply to that email and we will send you a special “event” link that takes you to RideWithGPS.com
- “RSVP” to your trip by clicking the link emailed to you (or copying and pasting into your browser).
- Login or create a RideWithGPS.com account
- After you login/register you will automatically be added to our “event” (i.e. our tour) as a participant and you will have access to the daily routes on the event page.
- From here, you can access and download each day’s route onto your device or use the RWGPS Smart Phone App.
Download to your device:
- Click on your route in the event and then select “Go To Route”
- From the day’s route, you will be able to export from the upper right hand menu in the screen.
Using the RideWithGPS smartphone App:
If you are using the RideWithGPS smartphone app, as a participant in this “event” all the routes for this tour will appear in your menu point “my events”. You can then save the routes to see them even when you are offline. Learn more about this option here: http://ridewithgps.com/help/offline-maps-iphone
Ride With GPS offers help and easy to follow video instructions at: https://ridewithgps.com/help/tour-participants. Remember, you do not need to worry about cue sheets as you will have the trusty arrows to lead the way!
*Tracks are currently not available for tours in South America.