On Tour, you can expect the following safety measures to be in place.
- Group sizes may be limited and we encourage everyone not sharing rooms to observe social distancing standards throughout the tour.
- We are observing and implementing official national and local COVID-19 prevention regulations throughout the course of the tour.
- Depending on where we do our briefings, we may require travelers to be masked during our tour briefings and any other group gatherings although that may not be necessary if we are outside.
- Tour briefings and group gatherings will be held outside or in well-ventilated areas only.
- When entering towns and cities where it is evident that larger crowds might be encountered, we will follow all local regulations which might mean wearing masks.
- We will provide hand-sanitizer and recommend you also bring your own to take along.
- In shuttles provided by ExperiencePlus!, we require that hand-sanitizer be used before and that masks be worn throughout the ride. Windows will be left open to allow for ventilation during the ride when possible.
- When entering sites or establishments, we will comply with local official health and safety recommendations.
- We will arrange group meals only at restaurants adhering to current COVID-19 regulations. If participants attend restaurants for meals on their own, we encourage that mask, sanitizing and distancing rules be followed.
- Only accommodations and hotels adhering to current COVID-19 regulations will be used on our tours.
- We ask that you take your helmet, water bottles and bike rear packs to your room with you.
In the event that someone on tour gets sick, you can expect the following:
If you are on tour and start to feel sick with Covid symptoms please let your tour leaders know immediately. We will immediately follow our internal protocols which are guided by the CDC and WHO. These include testing and isolating the symptomatic person from the rest of the group until the test results are available. If the tests results are negative we will ask the symptomatic person to take extra precautions when participating in group activities to prevent spread of any sickness to the rest of the group, until the person feels better.
If someone tests positive for Covid on tour, we will take the following actions:
- We will have rapid-antigen tests available on tour and if your test result is positive we will ask you and any travel companion (roommate) you are with to isolate while we verify the result. This process may depend on local public health regulations in your destination and could include further testing with the local public health authorities. We will support you in the necessary steps to manage recovery and isolation. This includes logistics for lodging and transportation. You will be responsible for any extra expenses resulting from needing to isolate or take additional tests. If medical assistance is needed, we will follow our standard medical protocols on tour and support you in seeing a professional and getting to a doctor.
- If a tour participant on your trip tests positive, we will monitor anyone who has had close contact with them and provide tests for self-testing or will recommend testing with the local public health authorities. We will ask those who were in close contact with the person who tested positive to refrain from group activities until we can determine that they are not infected.
- If someone tests positive and the rest of the group is negative the tour will continue.
- We highly recommend you purchase Travel Insurance as most plans cover medical assistance for Covid and some plans also cover trip delay coverage which includes quarantine or isolation delays due to Covid. You can find more details about travel insurance on our Travel Planning Pages.