Recipe: Pumpkin Muffinsby ExperiencePlus! - Tuesday, December 1, 2020
‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin. One of my favorite applications for pumpkin is muffins. There is something about that flavor, the spices and the sweetness that makes them so good. This recipe was borrowed from Pretty Simple Sweet Recipe Blog.
- 1 and 2/3 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 1 and 1/4 cups (285g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar until combined. Add oil and whisk until combined. Add pumpkin and milk and whisk until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and mix gently just until combined.
Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 16-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These muffins stay moist for up to 5 days. Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. Bring them to room temperature before serving. The muffins can also be frozen for up to 2 months.