Martijn van Tatenhove and Marjorie Kersten became the proud owners of the Zwaantje in September of 2014. They have over thirteen years experience managing barges together; Martijn,your captain, was raised in a family that worked in the hotel and restaurant industry, so it should come as no surprise that he is also a licensed chef.
- The barge has 12 sleeping cabins in the lower deck: 10 twin cabins with two single beds each and two cabins with a double (French) bed. All cabins have a small en-suite bathroom with toilet, shower and wash basin, a fixed window and individual air conditioning.
- The main deck is made up of a cozy, air conditioned salon. Grab a cocktail from the small bar and enjoy the large panoramic windows and a little rest after a great day of cycling. The main deck also has a restaurant area where you can dine with a view.
- Above the main deck there is a spacious sun deck (90 square meters / 860 square ft.) with chairs, tables, and – did we mention the beautiful view? Start your day watching the sunrise from the deck or end your day with some shade, fresh air and a refreshing beverage. If you ask nicely the skipper will likely let you join him in the wheel house!
- There is a common safe with the skipper, but cabins do not have individual safes.
- Hair driers are available upon request.
- Coffee and tea are included on board. Other beverages, including alcoholic beverages are available for purchase (cash only). As on all our tours, group dinners include wine or beer.
- The tap water on board is potable.
There are four (4) single occupancy travels for solo travelers available.