Categories: Belgium, Croatia, Destinations
A Deeper Look at Bike and Boat Toursby Jessie Beyer - Monday, July 31, 2017
A Deeper Look at Bike and Boat Tours
What to expect when you’re on board (and off).
Arguably the best part of bike and boat tours: you only have to unpack once because you’ll sleep in the same bed on board your boat each night. Spend your day cycling through small villages and stunning cities from Amsterdam to Bruges and relax in the evening as you enjoy a drink on deck while cruising calm canals. Or, if you are more of an sea lover, cruise the Mediterranean while Cycling Croatia’s Islands by Bike and Boat, and explore picturesque islands followed by a refreshing dip in the salty waters as you look out at Croatia’s stunning limestone coastline. No matter what your choice, you can look forward to settling into your cozy cabin and only unpacking your bags once as you explore new places each day.
While the ‘boat’ might be a new addition for our regular travelers, rest assured, all the ‘regular’ elements of an ExperiencePlus! tours remain:
- well researched cycling routes that take you further off the beaten path,
- great food,
- high-quality titanium bikes,
- a support vehicle,
- fantastic tour leaders,
- and our trusty arrows to lead the way.
Because we intentionally design our tours for diverse experiences daily and build in opportunities for travelers to create their own adventure when out on the bicycle, it is hard to describe a ‘typical’ day on tour. On our bike and boat tours you can expect to:
- sleep in the same bed each night,
- enjoy local dishes on board prepared for you by the on board chef,
- explore new territory by land and by sea,
- have the flexibility to stay on board and not pedal if you prefer,
- above all dive deep into local culture on great cycling routes.