Categories: Costa Rica
Keep Your Sunscreen Out This Winterby ExperiencePlus! - Thursday, September 16, 2010
Join ExperiencePlus! in Costa Rica
Now is the time to plan your escape from cold winter temperatures that are, unfortunately, lurking just around the corner. Costa Rica offers you sunshine, great bicycle rides, tropical rainforests, white-sand beaches, active volcanoes, hot springs, and the highest concentration of tree species per square kilometer in the world. Each year millions of birds migrate thousands of miles to experience Costa Rica’s Pura Vida, or good life. Join them this year and you too will find a wide variety of delicious food options, a relaxing atmosphere, and an incredibly varied landscape.
Fun and Informative Facts to Consider:
- The average temperature in San José, Costa Rica’s capital, in January is 76 degrees.
- Nearly any tropical fruit or vegetable you can think of is grown and can be sampled in Costa Rica
- According to the Happy Planet Index Costa Rica is the happiest country in the world.
- Rated #3 in Environmental Performance Index by Yale University.
- The entire country is considered a BioGem.
- 25% of Costa Rica is protected in National Parks and Reserves. The world average is 10%.
- Costa Rica is on Central time – no jetlag.
- The Costa Rican army was abolished in 1948 and the county boasts a 93% literacy rate, the best in Central America.
Join ExperiencePlus! in Costa Rica and enjoy great cycling, sunsets over the Pacific Ocean, soaking in hot springs, and perhaps a little salsa dancing. We have four itineraries and numerous departure dates to choose from:
Coasting Costa Rica – 7 days including 5 days of cycling, a rainforest hike, hot springs, and zip line tour through the canopy.
Coasting Costa Rica Plus! Sabaneros and Beaches – 10 days includes: all of the highlights of the Coasting Costa Rica trip Plus! a wildlife boat tour, and the Pacific Coast.
Arenal and the Northwest Coast Multi-Sport – 9 days includes: 4 days of cycling, canoeing and snorkeling, wildlife float trip, rainforest hike, white water rafting on the famous Pacuare River.
Osa Peninsula Multi-Sport – 9 days includes: 3 days of cycling, hike in the cloudforest, kayaking, Corcovado National Park, snorkel and tour the remote Isla del Caño.