Cycle the USA with ExperiencePlus!by ExperiencePlus! - Thursday, June 11, 2020
As we approach the one year anniversary of the global pandemic that brought international travel to a halt we decided we could all use some bicycle touring options closer to home.
Introducing ExperiencePlus! tours in the USA – in partnership with Black Sheep Adventures. These tours will not be exactly the same as cycling through rural Italy or medieval France – but we promise the routes are beautiful, the hotels are delightful and the food is delicious. You will navigate using tracks from Ride With GPS so there won’t be any chalk dust arrows (since many of these places don’t have that many roads), however we still promise you the superb support you are used to on all our trips.
These trips are specifically designed to take into account COVID-19 safety protocols and have flexible payment options because of the uncertainty that surrounds travel these days.
- All tours begin and end in the same place so you can drive to the start and park your car if you don’t want to fly.
- Trips are designed with very few shuttles specifically to minimize time in an enclosed van. Capacity of the vans will also be managed carefully.
- Group dining will be outside as much as possible, for a full list of COVID protocols see this document. We do ask that anyone not vaccinated take a test before traveling.
- We can add a private date exclusively for your group with a minimum of 4 people if you prefer to stick to your pod of folks.
- If you are driving you can bring your own bike and save $200!
- We will delay final payments until we believe the trips will run and added flexible cancellation policies with 100% transfer options until 31 days before the trip. See our USA Terms in Section 3 of our Terms and Conditions page for details.
- If you have money on account from a cancelled tour in Europe or South America you can use up to $500 of those funds on any trip listed below.
If you are looking for a trip in a region not listed below but closer to your home (Maine, Massachusetts, Colorado) don’t hesitate to reach out. Between ExperiencePlus! and Black Sheep Adventures we probably have an itinerary we can put together for you if you have a small group of people interested.
Sonoma Bike Tour
Get acquainted with Northern California’s Wine Country and the Pacific Coast on our six-stage Sonoma Bike Tour that even the pros would envy. You’ll experience valleys of world-famous vineyards, forests of massive redwoods, perfect pastoral landscapes and the captivating California Coast. We spend the entire week in Sonoma, the neighboring county just to the west of Napa Valley. Sonoma’s roads are exceptional for cycling accommodating a range of abilities. Our Sonoma Bike Tour has been designed to offer a comprehensive cycling experience within California’s celebrated Wine Country.
If you have a group of 4 or more people who want to organize a private departure let us know and we’ll get you set-up with your own date! Best travel months are April – July.
Exploring Utah’s Bryce and Zion National Parks
Come join us for an incredible biking tour of Southern Utah’s famous and awe-inspiring Bryce Canyon & Zion National Parks as well as Snow Canyon State Park. We’ll take you on bike rides past panoramic vistas of soaring multi-hued rock formations. You’ll enjoy all this pristine natural beauty and still slumber well and dine in style.
2021 Departures Dates
Exploring Utah’s Bryce and Zion National Parks (6 days)
June 20 – 25 (call for availability – almost sold out)
Oct 3 – 8
If you have a group of 4 or more people who want to organize a private departure let us know and we’ll get you set-up with your own date! Best travel months are June – October.
Cycling the San Juan Islands
Visit Washington State’s San Juan Islands, riding some of the quietest and scenic terrain available in this spectacular state. Slow down and take it all in – a temperate climate, tranquil waters, mountain vistas, and the chance to get glimpses of whales – elements that are sure to make your island-hopping-by-bike experience truly unique. Our San Juan Islands Bike Tour is one of a kind.
2021 Departures Dates
Cycling the San Juan Islands (6 days)
July 11 – 16 (almost sold out)
Sep 12 – 17 (sold out)
If you have a group of 4 or more people who want to organize a private departure let us know and we’ll get you set-up with your own date! Best travel months are June – September.