Many people, including ourselves, are itching to travel. The good news is that we have posted 2021 departure dates so you can start dreaming and planning your next bicycle tour. While we (along with the rest of the world) are still not 100% sure what the state of travel will be in 2021, we do know that cycling will still be one of the preferred modes of travel (maybe even more than before!). There might have to be some adjustments to how we have run tours in the past, but rest assured we are checking government updates daily in addition to working with colleagues in the travel industry to ensure we’re creating and following the best safety policies for your future trips.
2021 Travel FAQby Jessie Beyer - Monday, May 4, 2020
Are there any changes to ExperiencePlus!’s terms and conditions due to COVID-19?
You can find our standard terms and conditions here on our website for all reservations made on or after April 1, 2020. The most notable changes to the terms are that we clarified the definition of an event of force majeure (such as the COVID-19 pandemic) as well as when this cancellation can happen. In addition, we have waived transfer fees for placing money on account and extended the expiration of money placed on account an additional year – until the end of 2022. We are also allowing money placed on account to be transferred to family or friends as a gift.
We have also included a Flexible Deposit Amendment for any new reservations made on or after April 1, 2020. Transfers or reservations made with money on account are not considered new reservations.
- For new reservations for trips starting on or after November 1, 2020 and ending by March 31, 2021, full refund of your deposit if you decide to cancel before October 15, 2020
- For new reservations on trips starting on or after March 31, 2021 and ending by November 1, 2021, full refund of your deposit if you decide to cancel before January 15, 2021.
What if ExperiencePlus! has to cancel my tour due to COVID-19 travel restrictions?
Should COVID-19 travel restrictions continue into 2021, in the destination country or in your country of origin, and force ExperiencePlus! to cancel a tour we will extend the 2020 Amended COVID-19 terms and conditions into the future.
What if I have to cancel my tour due to COVID-19?
Should COVID-19 travel restrictions continue into 2021, in the destination country or your country of origin, and force you to cancel a tour we will extend the 2020 Amended COVID-19 terms and conditions into the future. If travel restrictions are not in place for either the destination country or your country of origin, our standard terms and conditions will apply.
What if I cancel my tour for reasons not related to COVID-19?
Our standard terms & conditions will apply. If you have Mony on Account with us, please refer to the section below.
Should I book or pencil in? What’s the difference?
You can take advantage of our pencil in status to temporarily hold a space without making a deposit. However, if the tour is filling, or you would like to lock in an Early Booking or Re-Cycle discount we do require a deposit. You can book and take advantage of our Flexible Deposit terms for any new reservations made on or after April 1, 2020, refer to the Flexible Deposit Amendment for refund details. (Transfers or reservations made with money on account are not considered new reservations).
Can I book a private tour with my friends or family?
We offer private and custom departures if you would prefer to travel with a private group of your friends and family. Learn more about this option on the Private and Custom Dates section of our website.
Will I get a refund on my deposit if I decide not to travel?
If your deposit is made with money on account, then it will be placed back on money on account, depending on the cancellation terms. If you have made a new booking after April 1, 2020 for a 2021 trip, then yes, if you decide within the Flexible Deposit Amendment dates.
When will my final payment be taken?
Under our standard terms & conditions, final payment will be taken 90 days prior to the departure date (120 days for Bike and Boat tours). If travel restrictions due to COVID-19 are in place at that time, then we will delay taking final payment until the travel restrictions are lifted.
What is Money on Account?
Travelers cancelling or whose tours are cancelled have the opportunity to place their payments on account for future use in booking a tour operated by ExperiencePlus!, which is called Money on Account (MOA). For full terms regarding Money On Account, please see our terms and conditions.
Any extra credit given to you by ExperiencePlus! has no cash value and can only be for tours operated by ExperiencePlus!
What can I do with Money on Account?
Funds placed on account can be applied to a future booking for a trip operated by ExperiencePlus! including the tour price, Private Room Charge, or an E-bike rental charge.
Can I use Money on Account on a TourzPlus trip?
You can’t use Money on Account on TourzPlus tours as they are not operated by ExperiencePlus!
Can I apply this to any other travel expenses like hotels?
Money on Account cannot be applied to external trip costs such as hotel costs, transportation costs or other incidentals.
When will the Money kept on Account expire?
Money on Account from a cancelled trip can be applied to a trip that operates before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation.
What if I can’t use my Money on Account?
We allow the transfer of Money on Account to a person of your choice to be used in booking a tour operated by ExperiencePlus! should you not be able to use it before it expires. Or you may contact us to request an extension before the expiration date.
What happens if I apply Money on Account to a future tour and that tour is also cancelled by ExperiencePlus!?
- If ExperiencePlus! is forced to cancel the tour due to COVID-19, then the expiration date of the Money on Account due to COVID-19 (MOA COVID) will be extended to December 31, two years following the date of the new cancellation, per our Amended Terms for COVID-19.
- If ExperiencePlus! is forced to cancel the tour due to a reason not related to COVID-19, then the expiration date of the Money on Account will be extended to December 31, one year following the date of the new cancellation or you can transfer funds to another departure or itinerary operated by ExperiencePlus! of your choice.
What happens if I apply Money on Account to a future tour and that tour is cancelled by me?
- If you cancel the tour due to COVID-19, then the expiration date of the Money on Account will be extended to December 31, two years following the date of the new cancellation, per our Amended Terms for COVID-19.
- If you cancel the tour due a different reason and you have money on account from the 2020 tour season, then the expiration date will be extended to December 31, one year following the date of the new cancellation.
- If you had money on account with ExperiencePlus! from a cancellation of a trip prior to the 2020 season, contact us and the original terms from the time of your cancellation may apply.
What if I have excess Money on Account after booking my next tour?
- If after applying your Money on Account to a new booking, there is excess money left, then that amount remains eligible for use in booking a tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the initial cancellation due to COVID-19.
- If you received an extra credit to your account due to a cancellation during the COVID-19 pandemic, then the extra credit given to you by ExperiencePlus! can be used for booking an ExperiencePlus! tour including single supplements and e-bike costs. It cannot be used for outside costs, e.g hotel costs or any other incidentals.
When will my trip be confirmed? When should I start planning and booking my flights, hotels, etc.?
We will confirm trips as we reach our minimum number. BUT, if there are still travel restrictions in that destination and it is unclear when they will be lifted, we may delay confirming your trip. It is our standard recommendation that you do not make arrangements before you know your trip is confirmed. While travel restrictions due to COVID-19 may still be possible in the near future, we recommend you give it as much time as possible before making arrangements, especially if they are difficult to cancel or change.
What changes can/might I expect on tour due to the new social distancing needs that may exist?
There will certainly be some changes in how we manage our operations on tour though at this time we don’t have a full picture of what those changes will be. We are currently waiting to hear about the best practices recommended by health departments and governments regarding how to manage group activities including meals, transfers etc. Fortunately, most of our trips don’t require that you get in a van but we do imagine masks will need to be worn during vehicle transportation and in other crowded areas. It is possible we will not have as many dinners as a group and we will of course be sanitizing bikes, luggage etc.
As new ways of traveling unfold, know that ensuring everyone’s safety is at the top of our list. One thing we do know is that flexibility is going to be key and it will be a fascinating time to be traveling.
What should I do about flights and flight credits?
We recommend talking directly with your airline about flight credits, change fees, etc.
What do I do about travel insurance?
We always recommend travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances. Visit our travel insurance page for our general information pertaining to travel insurance and your trip. That said, most travel insurance will not cover COVID-19 related issues. We recommend contacting insurance companies with your questions related to COVID-19 and their coverage terms.
More general questions about our tours? Check our standard FAQ or ask us?