Introducing Sightseer Tours by ExperiencePlus!by ExperiencePlus! - Thursday, August 7, 2014
At ExperiencePlus! we believe that cyclists of all ages, abilities and experience levels should have the opportunity to explore the world by bike. So this year, we’re rolling out a new style of tour designed specifically for people new to bicycle travel, for families, or for those seeking a cycling adventure at a leisurely pace.
ExperiencePlus! Sightseer tours also include all of the cornerstones of classic ExperiencePlus! tours that you love including: great destinations, interesting sights, local culture, exceptional tour leaders, quality equipment—and those quintessential chalk arrows.
Sightseer tours at a glance:
- Daily rides of 30-50 km (18-30 mi). There are often shorter or longer mileage options
- Gentle terrain with minimal elevation gain
- Routed mostly on bike paths or country lanes with minimal car traffic
- Half- or full-day activities other than cycling (e.g. boat trips, city-walking tours, culinary adventures)
- Multi-night hotel stays
- Informal group meals (e.g. pizza, poolside tapas)
- E-bikes are available for a modest fee
- Kid-friendly activities, lodging, and meal options. Small bikes and trailers available as well
- Summer departures
Here is a preview of our 2015 Sightseer options:
Bike Paths of Italy’s Lake Garda – Sightseer Tour
Romantic Verona is the perfect place to begin a ride through some of northern Italy’s most intriguing and beautiful areas including its largest lake – Garda. We invite you to join us for 8-days this summer to…
- Explore romantic Verona and Bassano del Grappa in two of Italy’s most bike-friendly regions.
- Bicycle amid stunning mountains on valley bike paths
- Discover Verona’s treasures (and Juliet’s balcony!) with a local guide
- Explore new depths with an underground tour of the Roman city of Tridentum
- Relax in delightful hotels
- Take a leisurely boat trip on Lake Garda
- Train into the famed Sugana Valley.
8 days – Late May, June, July and August.
France’s Châteaux of the Loire Valley – Sightseer Tour
The Loire Valley is renowned for its beauty and has been home to the aristocracy for centuries it also has all the elements of a best-seller: romance, liaisons, murder, revenge, forced weddings, and charismatic historical figures. A perfect vacation featuring…
- the finest castles in the Loire Valley including Azay le Rideau, Langeais, Ussé, Villandry, Amboise, Clos Lucé, Chenonceau, Cheverny, Chambord, and more.
- 3-nights in a luxury hotel in Leonardo da Vinci’s Amboise
- 2 nights in a converted castle, with a pool, extensive grounds, and a gourmet restaurant
- Swimming pools 5 out of 7 nights
- The drama of classic, royal France – full of stranger-than-fiction intrigue
- Explore the medieval quarter with wood-beam houses and grand mansions of Place Plumereau and the St Gatien Cathedral in Tours
8 days – Late May, July and August