January 2013 Rambler Newsletterby ExperiencePlus! - Thursday, January 3, 2013
Welcome to the January 2013 ExperiencePlus! Rambler
- A Note from Monica and Maria Elena
- Discover a Whole New Tuscany
- ExperiencePlus! Gives Back – Send a Teacher Traveling deadline approaching
- Happy Hours and Events – Cristina is back!
- Nominate a Great Guide
- Active Foodie Trips with Whole Journeys a division of Whole Foods Market®
- Recipe: Cazuela de Vaca or Chilean Beef Stew
Happy New Year!
January is here – and if the past is any indication of the future, we know it will fly by. But before that happens, we’d like to take some time to enjoy the sense of expectation and anticipation that comes with beginning a new year. Here are three exciting things that we’re looking forward to in 2013:
- New Tours and New Destinations! We’ve added a new tour in Spain with a gentle ride through Catalonia and into Barcelona. 2013 also offers you the opportunity to enjoy fabulous rides and music, do a jig and fortify yourself with a pint of Guinness in Ireland. If you prefer country hopping join us to cycle the lakes of Austria, enjoy a day’s ride in Italy, and an in depth exploration of Slovenia.
- ExpeditionPlus! cross continental tours are back! Our newest itinerary is from the Atlantic Ocean to the Black Sea Across Europe, West to East, from France to Romania. Or join us on our classic ride from St. Petersburg, Russia to Istanbul, Turkey; we’re running that 45 day trip for the 5th time. Both tours are confirmed and have a few spaces available.
- Active Foodie trips with Whole Journeys, a Whole Foods Market® Company. We’re very excited to announce our collaboration with Whole Journeys to offer two cycling itineraries specifically designed to immerse you in the local culture and food traditions in Provence and Tuscany. We’re offering $250 off if you book by January 31st, 2013 on these select trips. More details below.
January also marks the start of our tour season in South America so our recipe this month features a cozy beef stew from Chile. We also want to remind you that the deadline for the Send A Teacher Traveling award is quickly approaching, and our bike tour ambassador Cristina Taioli arrives at the end of this month and will be hosting a variety of events in Late January and February; check below for the details.
Wishing you all good health and warm wishes for the new year,
Maria Elena and Monica
We have a secret to share — there is a little corner of Tuscany that has remained undiscovered where the bicycling is fantastic, far gentler than in the rest of Tuscany.
See why we think you’ll love Cycling Coastal Tuscany.
ExperiencePlus! has given over 20 bicycle tours to outstanding public school teachers over the years and the deadline for the 2013 Send a Teacher Traveling Award is March 30th, 2013.
ExperiencePlus! is also proud to support a number of causes by donating certificates for tours to auctions and fundraisers.
Read more about how to apply for either program and past beneficiaries.
Tour leader Cristina Taioli is coming back to the US to host a number of cycling and travel events in late January and February. AND our entire US and Italian office staff will be hosting a Happy Hour in Fort Collins on January 7th.
Check out the details for upcoming events.
Wanderlust Magazine wants to recognize and honor the consummate guides of the travel world. We’ve heard from you that you think that our tour leaders are the best in the business so wouldn’t it be fitting to see your favorite guide chosen for the 2013 World Guide Award?
Join ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours and Whole Journeys – a division of Whole Foods Market® – on two new “Active Foodie” cycling adventures that explore local landscapes through activities like visiting historic villages & cycling through breathtaking countryside while focusing on the culture and food traditions in each destination.
Read more about Whole Journey’s tours in Provence and Tuscany.
Attention all foodies: think you’ve reached the limit on soup variations? We have a new recipe for you from Chile.
Check out our Cazuela de Vaca recipe.
Happy Cycling until next month!
E-mail us at tours@ExperiencePlus.com with comments and questions. Or give us a call at 800-685-4565.
Subscribe: We send the Rambler E-mail Newsletter on the first Thursday of each month to cyclists interested in learning more about ExperiencePlus! and our tours. To subscribe to our Rambler newsletter or to change subscribe options for our other newsletters, click here.