January 2011 Rambler Newsletterby ExperiencePlus! - Monday, January 3, 2011
Welcome to the January 2011 ExperiencePlus! Rambler
- Dear Folks…
- Bicycling the Vineyards of Alsace – The Inaugural Journey
- Bicycle Scotland Highlands Plus! The Isle of Skye
- Italia 150 – ExpeditionPlus! Celebrates Italy’s Birthday
- Cycling Chile’s Wine Country Plus! the Pacific Coast
- Cycling Assisi and the Best of Southern Tuscany: A Tour Leader’s Tour
A new year arrives and with it an exciting sense of anticipation for what may be ahead. I’m not sure where this feeling comes from – whether it’s the hype we create each year around the celebration of the New Year, or as I prefer to believe – that there is a collective effort to go beyond the mundane and shake up our routines. Whatever it is, let’s all embrace the opportunity to be fresh and innovative.
Along those lines Monica and I are delighted to present you with 5 “new” ExperiencePlus! bicycling vacations that we hope will help energize your cycling mojo in 2011:
Two Brand Spanking New Bicycling Tours:
- Bicycling Scotland’s Highlands Coast to Coast (Plus! the Isle of Skye) – Monica shares her impressions and photos(!) from her scouting trips to Scotland. Here’s a wee taste to get you started…Quiet roads, stunning scenery, rolling hills, warm Scottish hospitality, castles, old lore, whiskey, and a look at the Royal Family’s stomping grounds.
- The Italia 150 – A bicycling expedition to celebrate Italy’s 150th Birthday! We’ll ride from western Sicily 1,400 miles to Turin in 29 days. We have a short wait list for the one remaining space on this Expedition so if you would like the opportunity to celebrate Italy’s unification and ride the length of Italy get on the list today!
Three New Bicycling Itineraries You May Have Missed in 2010! 2011 Offers You Another Chance :
- Chile: Bicycling Chile’s Wine Country (Plus! the Pacific Coast)– New world wines, great cycling and local insights into one of South America’s most fascinating countries.
- France: Bicycling the Vineyards of Alsace — Bobbie Majka shares her impressions of the inaugural Alsace cycling trip. Located in eastern France, very near the German border, this unsung area seems designed with bicycle travelers in mind. Small roads and bike paths lead to story book villages, wonderful food, and incredible local wines.
- Italy: Cycling Assisi and the Best of Southern Tuscany (Plus! Florence) –Bea Tassinari who does double duty as Tour Leader and Office Manager in our Italy office relates the origins of this fascinating cycling journey through Umbria and Tuscany.
We hope you enjoy the articles and slide shows featured in the January 2011 New Year – New Bicycle Tours edition of the Rambler. Until next time, be well and Happy New Year.
Maria Elena and Monica Price
The cyclists on the July 2010 Alsace proclaimed that the tour had earned itself an instant place on their “best trips ever” lists because of the region’s many treasures, brilliant colors, and pastoral splendor. Bobbie Majka shares her impressions of the cycling trip and we’ve put together a slide show that features just a few of many highlights.
- Read (and see!) more about Bicycling the Vineyards of Alsace.
Monica Malpezzi Price has spent a good bit of time in Scotland over the past few months putting together two fabulous bicycling itineraries. She tells us about a few of the highlights and shares some spectacular photos from our new 8-day Bicycling Scotland’s Highlands Coast to Coast and the just announced 11-day version that includes the Isle of Skye.
- Feeling Royal? Check out Bicycling Scotland Coast to Coast.
While Italians may continue to bicker over whether Giuseppe Garibaldi made a huge mistake 150 years ago in uniting the South of Italy with the North, ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours, is celebrating by offering you the opportunity to bicycle 29 days from the tip of western Sicily 1,400 miles to Turin in the north.
- Ready for an epic ride? Visit Italia 150 ExpeditionPlus!.
Recently mentioned in National Geographic, the Maule and Colchagua wine valleys of central Chile are a must-see for both adventurers and foodies—and what better way to make the trek than by road bike?
- For further temptation Bicycling Chile’s Wine Country Plus!
Wanting to share some of the best of Italy, the ExperiencePlus! Italian tour leaders and I desired to develop a cycling tour that would combine the most exciting areas of Tuscany and Umbria (the green heart of Italy). This came to fruition last season with our new 8-day Cycling Assisi and the Best of Southern Tuscany and 11-day Cycling Assisi and the Best of Southern Tuscany Plus! Florence bicycling itineraries.
- This is the bicycling trip to Italy you’ve dreamed about find out why.
Happy Cycling until next month!
E-mail us at tours@ExperiencePlus.com with comments and questions. Or give us a call at 800-685-4565.
Subscribe: We send the Rambler E-mail Newsletter on the first Thursday of each month to cyclists interested in learning more about ExperiencePlus! and our tours. To subscribe to our Rambler newsletter or to change subscribe options for our other newsletters, click here.
To unsubscribe from all ExperiencePlus newsletters, click here, fill in your email address and push the “continue” button.