Stéphane Brochemin was born and grew up in Lyon where he also studied and earned his degree in French literature. He has worked as a flight attendant, hiking guide, and tour leader, starting bike trips in 1996. He has adventured all over the world, breaking a leg in Kyrgyzstan on a climbing expedition, teaching skiing in California, and living in Iceland for a year. He splits his time between the beautiful village of Villard Notre Dame in Oisans home to only 12 hearty souls in winter, and his house in Chasselay between Lyon and the Beaujolais. His other passions include wine, chess, and perfecting his rose growing skills.
- With ExperiencePlus! since: 2012
- Languages: I speak French and English, and a bit of German, Spanish and Icelandic
- Favorite bike item: Shorts
- Favorite place to ride: Anything that goes uphill. The French Alps, for example.
- Next dream vacation: I would like to go to the Andes