Rick hails from Atlanta, Georgia, though now you’ll find him at home in Spain, where he’s lived since 2007 (Granada for five years and now Barcelona). He has worked as a Wilderness Guide in the mountains of Virginia, led summer service learning adventures in Costa Rica and Argentina, guided college study abroad students around Morocco, led educational bus tours around Spain with middle and high school students, and worked as a hiking guide on the Camino de Santiago.
- With ExperiencePlus! since: 2011
- Languages: English, Spanish, basic Catalan
- Favorite bike item: Long sleeve merino wool jersey from Ibex
- Favorite place to ride: The Dolomites and around large cities late at night when there is no traffic
- Next dream vacation: New Zealand and return to the Yosemite Valley
"Rick was terrific, flexible, thoughtful, and diligent!"
“I really appreciated his sincere, kind, and thorough attention to all the details that made our tour seem smooth and enjoyable. Rick was patient, and fun to be with, and very capable of looking forward to see that we were well tended to, during our rides, our restaurant meals together, and our cultural visits, to name a few.”
"Rick's ability to be knowledgeable, personable, and accommodating to guests was wonderful; couldn't have asked for better!"