A native of Waterford, Ireland, Dermot lives in his home country with his wife and three children. He previously worked for a local newspaper. Besides running tours in Ireland for ExperiencePlus!, Dermot operates a cycling road safety program for primary school children, and is a fitness professional. He has cycled throughout Europe, including a tour across the Pyrenees (the long way, he says). As well as cycling, his main interest is sea kayaking: in the 1990s he circumnavigated Ireland and Iceland.
- With ExperiencePlus! since: 2005
- Languages: English plus some Irish
- Favorite bike item: Bike frame
- Favorite place to ride: Counties Galway and Mayo, Ireland
- Next dream vacation: Bicycle touring in South America
"[Our tour was] 'Lovely!!!' as Dermot Blount, our Irish tour guide, would say."